Friday, August 27, 2010

P~A~T~I~E~N~C~E





Being a mom teaches you many, many things. One thing I learned the other day was "All things work out when done in P~A~T~I~E~N~C~E" I had so many pears to can once we got back from our trip. I didn't want to can them. I just wanted to pack. I decided it would be worth it in the end to just hurry up and can. I had a problem though....max was outside painting and could not stop once Benson woke up and I couldn't stop what I had started either. What was I to do. I decided to go ahead and can. I got everything ready and said to myself....If Benson wakes up thats ok, I can still do this! Of course it wasn't long. He was awake. A long story short, we canned together! He ate pears and waffles while I pealed, cut, and processed pears. I would cut and peal while in between shove food in Benson's mouth! So needless to say....I learned a great lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Leilani! You will enjoy the pears later and remember the experience and laugh. Things are always funnier when the moment is past a little.
    I had a similar experience only by myself when I was really really tired. Two of my jars didn't seal but I got it done . . . with patience in a different way.

    ReplyDelete